Tuesday, February 4, 2014

This day in history

In 1861, delegates from six Southern states met at Montgomery, Alabama, to form the Confederate States of America.

In 1948, Sri Lanka gained independence from the United Kingdom.

In 2003, the country of Yugoslavia disappeared, to be replaced by the loose federation of Serbia and Montenegro. This followed the breakup of the USSR. Other independence movements soon followed.

The Confederate States of America had the right idea, just a century or so too soon.

Bookmark and Share
1 Comments

1 Comments:

At February 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Laura McCammon said...

I cannot afford to be a member of this league, but I am behind them and their beliefs 100%. I wish there were somethings I could do to help without having to be a member. Thanks. I enjoy the blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home